I recently added a new Library page to the blog, which is also in the top menu. This page represents a collection of the books on my bookshelf, right next to me every time I am on the computer that are related to this blogs content (I have a lot of books!).
I put in my personal reviews of each book too, if you are interested in my opinions on each, along with a rating. These are books that have helped me along my healing process and wanted to share. I hope to add a section of “Therapist Recommended” books soon, some of which are included already. These will be books that my therapist has recommended to me over the years.
In a continued effort to raise money for my favorite non-profit iSurvive, each books individual page has a link where you can buy the book from Amazon. Each book (or most anything else for that matter!) purchased through the Library through this link will raise 4% of the total purchase for iSurvive! All proceeds go directly to the organization, and not to me in any way.
iSurvive – Blogging for a Cause
I previously wrote a post about “iSurvive – Blogging for a Cause” (Part 2), which is another great way to support this organization. We have until June 6th to get votes in, but are already in the running for some of the $6,000 prize money, which is amazing! As of today we were tied for 4th/5th place with 6 votes. If you run a blog and would like to support this cause, please write a post before midnight on the 6th! Click here for a current tally of all votes.
Other ways to help iSurvive:
iSurvive is an incorporated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and receive 100% of their financial support from benefit fundraising events and charitable donations. I’m sure any help is appreciated, and any cash donations are tax deductible! Links to their site about how to donate and help the organization: Main and Forum, summarized here for your convenience:
- Easily make a donation online through Paypal using the link “Main” above
- Donate online through Network for Good
- Write a check or money order, payable to:
P.O. Box 78191
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Volunteer for iSurvive directly, OR
- Learn about volunteering for them through VolunteerMatch
- Buy t-shirts and other merchandise created by forum members at CafePress
- Buy a wristband by emailing the Executive Director, Lori Schmitt for details
- Shop for books (or anything else available at Amazon.com) through my new Library, as mentioned above
- Shop online using GoodSearch. Up to 30% of your purchase goes directly to iSurvive. Here is how:
- Click on the link above
- Enter “iSurvive.org” in the “Who Do You Support?”, and click “Verify”
- Find your favorite store and shop
- Use GoodSearchas a search engine to find what you are looking for on the internet! This is an easy way to raise $0.01 for each search made. Here is how it works:
- Click on the link above
- Enter “iSurvive.org” in the “Who Do You GoodSearch For?”, and click “Verify”
- Type what you are looking for into the search engine and click “Search”
- That’s it!
Leave a Reply