This exercise is to identify areas of your life that may need attention before starting therapy, from the Survivor to Thriver manual.
Answer “Yes” or “No” for each area of your life and then rate the level of the problem on a scale from one (not a problem) to ten (very much a problem) for any YES answers:
- Psychological or Emotional State
- Family Relations
- Health Problems
- Legal Problem
Here is how I completed this exercise:
- Yes – not many to mention (Scale: 1)
- Yes – credit score, lack of $, no savings (Scale: 10)
- Yes – do not complete work on time, lack of clients (Scale: 5)
- Yes – no one helps with household chores (Scale: 3)
- Yes – I am in crisis (Scale: 9)
- Yes – I have not set boundaries (Scale: 3)
- Yes – money (Scale: 10)
- Yes – pain, unable to sleep (Scale: 6)
I identified my “hotspots” as addiction, finances & health problems.